Home > Route Selection > US 2 > History > Wisconsin
Route History for US 2 in Wisconsin
- In 1926, the route US 2 now follows was numbered as WI 10. Places where WI 10 deviated from US 2's current path included Hurley, where it followed what is now US 51; Odanah, where WI 10 followed what is now Odanah Road, State Street, County Route A, and State Street; Moquah, where WI 10 followed what is now County Route G; and South Range, where WI 10 followed what is now County Highway E. WI 10 was improved (not paved), except between South Range and Superior, where it was paved.
- By 1928, WI 10 had been renumbered US 2.
- By 1957, US 2 had been rerouted to its current path.
- By 1975, had been widened to a 4 lane highway near South Range.
Key to Abbreviations for Route Numbers:
- US - US Highway
- WI - Wisconsin State Highway
External websites of interest:
- Additional historical information about US 2 in Wisconsin can be found on the Wisconsin Highways website.
Welcome Page | Route Selection | US 2 Main Page | History of US 2 | US 2 History in Michigan | US 2 History in Minnesota | Site Map
If you have any questions / comments / corrections for this website or find a broken link, please e-mail me.
Copyright 2000-2010 by Robert Mortell