Home > Route Selection > US 25 > History > North Carolina
Route History for US 25 in North Carolina
- (under construction)
- Hendersonville to around Arden not paved in 1925.
- Arden to Asheville paved in 1925.
- Asheville to Weaverville paved in 1925, but in 1925 there was no main road between Weaverville and Marshall. The route from Asheville to Marshall looks like it followed NC-251 to Craggy and Old Leicester Rd to Old Highway 20, then followed Old Highway 20 / Old NC-20 and Bailey Branch Rd north to Marshall. In 1925, this route was paved from Asheville to around the Old Leicester Rd / Old Highway 20 junction, and was not yet paved from this junction to Marshall. By 1935, US 25 followed what is now NC-251 from Asheville to Marshall (and was all paved).
- Marshall to Hot Springs and the Tennessee line was not paved in 1925.
- The entire route from Hendersonville to Tennessee was paved by 1935.
External websites of interest:
Welcome Page | Route Selection | US 25 Main Page | History of US 25 | US 25 History in Tennessee | US 25 History in South Carolina | Site Map
If you have any questions / comments / corrections for this website or find a broken link, please e-mail me.
Copyright 2006-2010 by Robert Mortell