Home > Route Selection > US 11 > History > Mississippi
Route History for US 11 in Mississippi
- (under construction)
- By 1967
- I-20/I-59 had replaced US 11 as a major through route east of Meridian (current exits 154 to 169).
- I-59 was under construction from Meridian to Laurel (current exits 99 to 150).
- I-59 had been completed from Laurel to Louisiana, replacing US 11 as a major through route.
- US 11 had been realigned onto I-59 at the Louisiana border.
- By 1980
- I-20/I-59 had been completed to Alabama, replacing US 11 as a through route.
- I-20/I-59 had been completed through Meridian and US 11 had been realigned onto the new highway.
- I-59 had been completed in Mississippi, replacing US 11 as a major through route.
Welcome Page | Route Selection | US 11 Main Page | History of US 11 | US 11 History in Alabama | US 11 History in Louisiana | Site Map
If you have any questions / comments / corrections for this website or find a broken link, please e-mail me.
Copyright 2006-2010 by Robert Mortell