Road and Rail Pictures
Everyone needs a hobby. My hobbies are driving and taking pictures of roads, specifically US Highways (think US 1 on the east coast and US 101 on the west coast), and riding trains (rails) and taking pictures of the current and former stations. A few thousand of those pictures are on the pages that follow. I don't promise much. My pictures aren't all that artistic, I'm too lazy to do research, and the pages are written in such basic html you'll think it's 1998, but if you like this kind of thing, you're welcome to explore.
- I permit reuse of my photos, but appreciate a brief e-mail saying where they are being used.
- I tweet every now and then, mostly when I'm off on a train or car ride, or am out taking pictures.
- I also have a Tumblr.
- Also on Instagram as roadandrailpictures.
- Slideshows of the US Highway pictures and some Amtrak routes are on my roadnrailpictures Youtube channel.
- I also have a much smaller site about the former village of Kensico, New York and the building of NYC's Kensico Reservoir at oldkensico.com.
- If you want to just go and dig through the photos without following the web pages, they are all on Flickr.
- Some pages have links to external sites. Those links have also been collected onto a Links page. (Like I said above, very 1998.)
If you have any questions / comments / corrections for this website, please e-mail me.
Copyright 1988–2020 by Robert Mortell